Ubiatar, a startup which lets people create human avatars, on Wednesday launched its blockchain-powered platform UbiatarPlay and an initial coin offering (ICO) of its Ubiatarcoins (/UAC).
According to a press release from the company, the Ubiatar platform empowers people to travel without physically being present via a sophisticated combination of live video, cloud computing and an advanced graphical user interface (GUI).
The company intends to use /UAC tokens to support the exchange of value between peers worldwide. Coins can be bought on the market so home users and advertisers can pay avatars in the field to act on their behalf, supported with regular exchange platforms and weekly replenishing of a working buffer of at least 200,000 /UAC.
The release states Ubiatar provides a viable solution to having the power of ubiquity, or instant transfer to any place at any time, using modern mobile technologies over a high-performance cloud network.
The system requires an individual (acting as the avatar) to hold a smartphone, ensuring that everything they see and hear is sent over the network to the person at home, who directs the avatar, acting as a remote body. Directions are given via a patented GUI superimposed over a live video stream.
According to Ubiatar, the platform works in any situation where people are unable to attend or interact, allowing them to be omnipresent.
The ICO, hosted on Eidoo’s ICO Engine, will last for one month. It offers 15 million Ubiatarcoins /UAC at a projected price of USD2 per coin. The company said funds raised will be invested into worldwide marketing and growth, which will put UbiatarPlay at the forefront of the telepresence sector.
See a link to UbiatarPlay’s whitepaper here.
- Adult Industry Payment Processor PumaPay Pulls in USD 117 Million in Token Sale – May 11, 2018
- ConsenSys Opens Dublin Innovation Studio – May 10, 2018
- Human Avatar Creator Ubiatar Launches Telepresence Platform and ICO – May 10, 2018
- Bloomberg Launches BGCI Crypto Index with Novogratz’s Galaxy – May 10, 2018
- MovieCoin and BANKEX Open Door to Hollywood Investment Opportunities – May 10, 2018
- Netherlands Delivers National Blockchain Agenda to Stimulate Research – May 9, 2018
- Microsoft Launches Wave of AI Development Services and Blockchain Workbench – May 9, 2018
- IOHK Sizes up Blockchain Applications with Ethiopian Government – May 9, 2018
- Independent Music Platform Choon Beta Launches with NOTES Token Payments – May 8, 2018
- Climate Change Champ Leo DiCaprio Joins Decentralized Solar Platform Kingo – May 7, 2018
- Blockstack and ShapeShift Bounty Offers USD 50k for Best Decentralized Wallet – May 7, 2018
- Origin Protocol Taps Silicon Valley and Blockchain Funds to Raise USD 28.5 Million – May 7, 2018
- ZPER Embeds Trustonic in New Mobile Wallet for Optimized Security – May 2, 2018
- MEW and Kyber Network Commence Token Swap Service – May 1, 2018
- Etherisc Platform to Host Blockchain-Based Hurricane Insurance for Puerto Rico – May 1, 2018
- Litecoin Inventor Charlie Lee Joins DMG Blockchain Advisory Board – April 30, 2018
- San Marino Partners With Polybius to Develop Blockchain Legislative Framework – April 27, 2018
- S. Korea’s RecordFarm Eyes Music Industry Disruption with RCD Token – April 26, 2018
- Bottos Launching AI Data Sharing Marketplace for Low Cost Data – April 25, 2018
- Industry Leaders React to European Parliament Vote to Tighten Crypto Regulation – April 24, 2018
- Trade Finance Platform Batavia Completes Live Pilot with Audi Shipment – April 24, 2018
- Sun Exchange Launches SUNEX Token for Solar Venture – April 23, 2018
- Pundi X Announces Token Buyback to Fuel Future Partnerships – April 19, 2018
- Marsh Works With IBM for Blockchain Proof of Commercial Insurance – April 19, 2018
- DNAtix Meets Milestone PoC with DNA Blockchain Transfer – April 17, 2018
- Korea’s Coinone Exchange Sets June Date for Indonesia Launch – April 17, 2018
- AidCoin Launches in Beta, Partners With TokenStars and LastMinute Foundation – April 9, 2018
- Quantum and River Oaks Form JV for Medical Billing Blockchain Initiative – April 9, 2018
- E-Sports Predictions Platform RankingBall to Kick off Token Sale – April 9, 2018
- MintHealth Launches Dual-Token Equity Sale for Healthcare Ecosystem – April 9, 2018
- New Decentralized Crypto Exchange Ethen to Prioritize Accessibility Along With Security – April 6, 2018
- Lykke Exchange Lists Privacy Coin Zcash – April 6, 2018
- Royal Wedding Goes Crypto: Harry and Meghan Charity Token Launched – April 5, 2018
- Coinnup Online/Offline Crypto Platform Prepares for April ICO – April 5, 2018
- Russia’s Starta Ventures Launches $20M Fund for Pre-ICO Startups – April 5, 2018
- Augmented Reality Platform Arcona Readies ICO With Digital Land Giveaway – April 4, 2018
- EnvisionX Launches ICO for Transparent, Programmatic Advertising Platform – April 4, 2018
- Kinguin Launches ICO to Tokenize Award-Winning Gaming Marketplace – April 3, 2018
- PayPal Competitor Request Network Launches Crypto Payment Service – April 3, 2018
- DashBid Launches Non-US Tokensale for PreVUE Advertising Model – April 2, 2018
- TVzavr’s MoviesChain Wins Russian Blockchain Media Award – April 2, 2018
- WISeKey Crypto Solution Lets Connected Objects Pay With WISeCoin – April 2, 2018
- Netflix-Style VR Platform Terra Virtua Launches at London’s BAFTA – March 30, 2018
- Dutch Startup unchain Launches Enterprise-Grade Blockchain Platform, Signs Energy PoC With Vattenfall – March 30, 2018
- Electrify.Asia and Streamr Team Up to Give Users Data Power – March 30, 2018
- Delphy Rebrand Ahead of Predictive Markets App Launch – March 29, 2018
- Tradewind Launches Gold Platform Secured by Royal Canadian Mint – March 28, 2018
- PwC France & Francophone Africa Collaborate to Advance Regional Blockchain Adoption – March 28, 2018
- Blockchain-Based Container Shipping Platform 300cubits to Embark on Token Sale – March 27, 2018
- Polyswarm Raises $26M for Decentralized Anti-Malware Platform – March 27, 2018